- Constant water temperature below 0.5°C.
- Smaller refrigeration unit can meet peak loads requirements.
- Full stainless steel.
- Low refrigerant content, more environmentally friendly.
- Easy to maintain, open construction.
- Integrated modular design, convenient transportation.
- An ice storage unit choose the size of refrigeration machines according to average loads.
- But when the output reaches to the peak, it can still provide a large cooling capacity to meet the cooling demand.
- Use low electricity prices at night, off peak electricity hours.
- When the energy is at a lower price, which some times cost half the money.
- The plates freeze the water in the tank.
- During the day when the power is more expensive, the water cooler is turned off.
- The ice will melt into ice water.
- Storage of cooling capacity can be used for cooling your products.
|Type||Size||Cooling capacity storage||Pump power (kW)|
|Insulation thickness(mm)||L(mm)||W(mm)||H(mm)||NW(kg)||Volume(L)||Ice storage(kg)||kcal|
The ice bank models corresponding refrigeration unit depend upon ice storage time and heat exchange to match.
Construction and working principle
Ice bank is a package of evaporator plates upright in the water tank, cooling media goes through inside of the heat exchange plates, absorbed heat of water from outside of evaporator, down the water to freezing point. Evenly form a layer of ice film up to 50mm on the plates (Ice film’s thick- ness depend on storage time).
The ice film is stored statically in the water tank, so the water temperature in the water tank is extremely low, close to 0 °C. The air pipes of stainless steel are evenly arranged at the bottom of the tank. Starts up high pressure air blower, drive pressure air into stainless steel pipes, which provide intensive turbulence evenly melt ice on the evaporator to ensure a low temperature ice water.